Berry merry-- Nora
* 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
* 50ml boiling water
* 250g boysenberries or blackberries
* 1/2 cup (125ml) vanilla vodka
* 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
* 4 cups crushed ice
* 1 (750ml) bottle chilled rose sparkling wine
1. Combine sugar and water in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
2. Place sugar syrup, boysenberries, vodka and lime juice in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug and discard seeds and pulp.
3. Place half the ice and half the berry mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Spoon evenly among half the serving glasses and top with sparkling wine. Repeat with remaining ice, berry mixture and sparkling wine.