Sunday, February 12, 2006

What A Great Dane

(Lazily taken from comments on Tim Blair's site)

Nicky and I have done our bit.

I went to look for Carlsberg beer while grocery shopping and I could only find the Elephant at my local bottle shop.

I was warned it had a kick and at 7.2% boy it does. Nicky and his friend, The Tall Threatening Man, drank two each and voted it good.

I could only drink the one.

We performed our civic duty and showed the cartoons to TTTM and his aunt who had not seen them before.

Her reaction was the same as everyone we’ve shown the cartoons to - ‘That’s it? That’s what they’re offended by?’

Earlier that day the cartoons were the subject of discussion at my niece’s birthday party. We made sure we got all the major talking points in there. The reaction was not surprise, more like confirmation of what they already suspected.

Our Great Dane weekend continues with serving of Rosenborg Danish blue vein cheese.

Who would have thought being subversive could be so much fun - or tasty?

Support the Danes and join us for this delicious cocktail:

The Great Dane
1 oz. Aquavit
1/2 oz. cherry Brandy
1 dash orange Bitters
1/2 oz. Cranberry Juice

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
-- Nora

No comments: