Sunday, July 30, 2006

Enough Rope

The inquest into the Dianne Brimble case - that of a woman who died after being given a date-rape drug aboard a cruise ship - is beginning to resemble an episode of Law And Order as suspects start cracking and turning on each other:

"I told him (Mark Wilhelm) that I heard him talk about Fantasy, he said yes we did take some, I said do you think that had something to do with the death, he said 'no the medics told me she had a heart attack', he repeated it," Ryan Kuchel said. "He was pretty unstable ... he asked me not to say anything to anyone else, so I didn't."
Kuchel's lawyer wants NSW Coroner Jacqueline Milledge to move immediately to charge Wilhelm and possibly accomplice Leo Silvestri with involuntary manslaughter but Milledge:

...said she would not refer the case to the Director of Public Prosecutions for possible charges yet. She said Kuchel's version remained untested and (it) would also ensure procedural fairness by allowing Wilhelm the chance to give his version of events.
And maybe implicate Kuchel and others too.

-- Nick

No comments: