Friday, December 30, 2005

Nora's New Year's Notes

Well, the Christmas guests have gone, Nicky and I have the house to ourselves and we're looking forward to some fine New Year's revelries.

It's also the time to make New Year's resolutions. I wouldn't presume to answer for Nicky so mine are:

1. Keep up with some regular exercise so I can do justice to a gown like this for our April cruise.

2. Keep blogging on a regular basis (I haven't forgotten the murder mystery - it might be a New Year's hangover one instead).

3. Organise my time better to make sure I can fit in everything I need and want to do into a day.

4. Read more.

Fortunately this Christmas New Year break is allowing us to do just that.

On the reading list are:

1. Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Home and Bolt the Door

2. The Compleat Gentleman: The Modern Man's Guide to Chivalry

3. Mere Christianity

4. Thunderball

5. Hollywood Cocktails

And on the DVD list:

1. The Avengers 1967 collector's edition.

2. Alfred Hitchcock

So tell me what's on your resolution or reading lists.

I hope you all have a terrific New Year's and that 2006 is the start of something wonderful.

And to celebrate:

Champagne Cocktail
Champagne
half measure of brandy
3 dashes of bitters
1 tsp sugar

Put the sugar in a champagne saucer and soak with bitters. Add the brandy and top with champagne.
-- Nora

No comments: