It's also the time to make New Year's resolutions. I wouldn't presume to answer for Nicky so mine are:
1. Keep up with some regular exercise so I can do justice to a gown like this for our April cruise.
2. Keep blogging on a regular basis (I haven't forgotten the murder mystery - it might be a New Year's hangover one instead).
3. Organise my time better to make sure I can fit in everything I need and want to do into a day.
4. Read more.
Fortunately this Christmas New Year break is allowing us to do just that.
On the reading list are:
1. Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Home and Bolt the Door
2. The Compleat Gentleman: The Modern Man's Guide to Chivalry
3. Mere Christianity
5. Hollywood Cocktails
And on the DVD list:
1. The Avengers 1967 collector's edition.
2. Alfred Hitchcock
So tell me what's on your resolution or reading lists.
I hope you all have a terrific New Year's and that 2006 is the start of something wonderful.
And to celebrate:
Champagne Cocktail-- Nora
half measure of brandy
3 dashes of bitters
1 tsp sugar
Put the sugar in a champagne saucer and soak with bitters. Add the brandy and top with champagne.